These Blueberry Balsamic Chicken Thighs are delicious and easy to make summertime main dish. It’s paleo, whole30, and AIP.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey (omit for whole30)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Using a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, balsamic, lemon juice, water, honey, coconut aminos, and half of the salt. Place the pan on the stovetop over medium-low heat and stir to combine. Bring to a low simmer, stirring often for 10 minutes. The blueberries should soften and pop. Set aside.
- Using a large pan (preferably one that is oven safe) heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Sear on each side for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Using an oven-safe pan or casserole dish, pour the blueberry sauce over the chicken thighs. Cover and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes covered, and an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with chopped basil.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 10.2g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 15g