- 1/4 cup pork panko
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 6oz cans of salmon
- 1/3 cup leeks, sliced thin
- 1 cup butternut squash, steamed and mashed
- 2 eggs (see notes for AIP)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Combine the pork panko and the dried parsley in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Open the cans of salmon, and fully drain the liquid.
- Using a large bowl, add the salmon and flake well with a fork. Add the leeks, butternut squash, eggs, coconut flour, avocado oil, and seasonings. Mix well to fully combine.
- Form the mixture into a small patty, and gently place in the pork panko mixture, turning to lightly coat. Place the salmon patty on the baking sheet and repeat for all of the salmon mixture. You should have about 11-12 patties.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 28-30 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and top with chopped parsley. Serve with a dip of your choice like an aioli.
To make egg-free/AIP, add 1/4 cup water to a pot and sprinkle 1 tbsp of gelatin over the water. Allow to harden. Transfer to the stove and set to low heat, allowing the mixture to become liquid. Remove from the stove and vigorously whisk until frothy. Add to the salmon cake mixture. Use only 3 tbsp of coconut flour rather than 1/4 cup.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 11.9g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 24.1g
Keywords: salmon cakes, salmon patties