- 5 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 4 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cubed butternut squash to the baking sheet and top with 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Bake in the preheated oven, rotating halfway through for 25 minutes. The squash should be softened. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completly.
- Once the squash is cool use a potato masher (or clean hands if the squash is totally cool) to mash the squash completely. Remove any pieces of squash that may have charred in the oven.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of avocado oil, coconut flour, tapioca starch and seasonings. Stir well until fully combined.
- Mold the mixture into 1″ tater tot shapes and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, evenly spaced. Top with the remainder of the avocado oil.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 23-25 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Serve fresh with a dip of your choice as a snack or side dish.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 263
- Fat: 15.2g
- Carbohydrates: 31.7g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Protein: 3.8g
Keywords: Butternut squash