- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 thumb-grated, ginger
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp cococnut aminos
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- Salt & pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 12 napa cabbage leaves
- Using a large deep pot or pan, fill about half of the way with water and begin to bring to a boil, moving onto the rest of the prep while the water comes to a boil.
- To make the filling for the dumplings, combine the chicken, carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, green onion, coconut aminos, arrowroot starch, and salt and pepper. Stir well to combine and set in the fridge while you prep the cabbage leaves.
- Break off a dozen cabbage leaves off of the napa cabbage and wash well. Using a knife, chop the bottom third off of the cabbage pieces to remove the thick white stem. Place the cabbage leaves in the boiling water for about 2-3 minutes or until soft. Remove from the water and pat dry.
- To prepare the dumplings, prep a station with the bamboo steamer, a plate with the cabbage leaves, and the chicken dumpling mixture. Use your hands or a cookie scoop to scoop out about 2 tbsp of the chicken mixture at a time. Roll into an oblong shape and place at the base of a cabbage leaf. Fold in the edges of the cabbage leaf to over the chicken mixture, and roll up, into a tight dumpling. Place the dumpling in the steamer. Repeat with all of the ingredients, evenly spacing the dumplings.
- Bring about 1-2 inches of water in a large pot or skillet that the steamer can hover over. Place the steamer on top and allow to steam for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted reads 165 F.
- If desired, you can crisp the dumplings by bring about a tablespoon of oil to medium-high heat in a pan. Crisp the dumplings for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they have a nice crisp.
- Serve topped with green onion and a dipping sauce of your choice!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 293
- Fat: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2g
- Fiber: .7g
- Protein: 31.2g