These carrot cake muffins are simply the best! They’re paleo, AIP, and made without grains, nuts or eggs.
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp raisins (sub dried cranberries)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup +2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs (substitute gelatin eggs, see notes)
For gelatin egg substitute
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with 8-9 muffin liners.
- Combine the tigernut flour, tapioca starch, coconut flour, shredded carrots, raisins, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Stir in the maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Mix in the eggs (or gelatin eggs) and stir well until a dough forms.
- Spoon the muffin dough into the muffin tins (you’ll have about 8-9 muffins).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until baked through and the tops are golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before enjoying. Cooling in the fridge also helps the muffins set further.
For the gelatin egg substitute – Add 1/2 cup water to a small sauce pot and slowly sprinkle in 2 tbsp of gelatin. Use a fork to gently mix in any clumps. Set aside and allow the mixture to harden for 2-3 minutes. Place the pot on the stove and turn the heat on low heat. Slowly melt the gelatin over 1-2 minutes. Immediately remove from heat once the gelatin has melted and the mixture has returned to liquid. Vigorously whisk the liquid until it becomes frothy. Pour it into the breadstick mixture immediately to swap for an egg.
All nutrition facts are estimations and will vary. Nutrition facts do not include ingredient swap options.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 15.3g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 5.3g