- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 5 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large leeks, white part chopped into half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3/4 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Set the instant pot to sauté and add the avocado oil.
- Add the carrots and sauté in the oil for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the leeks and garlic and lightly sauté for 1-2 minutes. The leeks should lightly soften. Pour in the broth, herbs, and seasonings and stir well to combine. Turn off the sauté function on the instant pot.
- Secure the lid of the instant pot and set to manual, 12 minutes (* see notes for stove top modification).
- Once cooked, carefully quick release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid from the instant pot and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes
- Either use an immersion blender, or high speed blender to blend the soup
- Serve warm topped with chives.
*If not using the instant pot, follow the instructions to sauté veggies on the stove in a medium stock pot, then bring the broth to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes with the lid on (or until softened). Blend once cooked.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 12
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 10.7g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 5.1g
Keywords: carrot soup