This chai pumpkin spice latte is a coffee-free alternative for the fall classic! It’s dairy-free, paleo, and AIP-friendly.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice (omit for AIP, or see notes)
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg (sub mace for AIP)
- 1 cup water
- 1 black tea bag
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (use alcohol free for AIP)
- 1–2 tbsp coconut cream (optional)
- Star anise for garnish (omit for AIP)
- Prepare the spice blend of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg (or mace). Stir to combine and set aside.
- Using a small pot, bring the water to a low boil. Remove from the heat and add the tea bag, allowing to steep for 5-10 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bag.
- Add the spice blend to the tea along with the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Add to a blender and blend on low to fully combine. Return to the heat for 2-3 minutes if a warmer drink is desired.
- Serve topped with coconut cream and garnish with star anise if desired.
For allspice, consider this article before trying for AIP.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 24.3g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: chai, pumpkin spice latte