For the dressing
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (I use this)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 anchovies
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the pasta salad
- 4 oz gluten-free fusilli, cooked (sub cassava pasta for AIP)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb chicken, cooked and diced/shredded
- Shaved pecorino cheese, optional (omit for dairy free)
- Cracked black pepper
- To make the dressing, combine the yogurt, lemon, coconut aminos, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and anchovies in a wide-mouth jar. Using an immersion blender, blend the dressing as you slowly stream in the olive oil. Blend until the dressing is creamy and fully emulsified. Set aside.
- To assemble the pasta salad, add the pasta to a large salad bowl along with the lettuce, cucumber, chicken, and cheese. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to fully coat the ingredients.
- Serve topped with fresh cracked pepper to taste and enjoy!
Use chilled chicken, and allow the pasta to come to room temperature.
Serve immediately, or store the components separately in the fridge for up to 24 hours before combining and serving.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 579
- Fat: 26.8g
- Carbohydrates: 51.4g
- Fiber: 10.8g
- Protein: 36g