This paleo chicken parmesan burger is a fun twist on a burger! It’s dairy free, gluten free, and will easily curb any craving for chicken parmesan!
For the burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cup marinara sauce (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
For the cauliflower cheese (sub other “cheese” of choice)
- 1 1/4 cup cauliflower, steamed
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the ground chicken with the garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, coconut flour and 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Mix well to combine.
- Form the chicken into 3-4 burgers and set aside.
- Using an oven-safe pan, heat 2 tbsp of avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the burgers to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reads 165 F.
- Remove from heat and add the sauce to the pan, spooning sauce over the burgers. Add the “cheese” over the burgers.
- Transfer the burgers to the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce is warm.
- Add fresh basil and serve fresh.
For the cauliflower cheese
- While the cauliflower is still warm, strain some, but not all of the excess water.
- Use a food processor to blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the mixture into a thin, even layer on the parchment paper. Allow setting in the fridge for 1 hr or in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once set, use a biscuit cutter or another mold to cut cheese slices before using in step 6 above.
All nutrition facts are estimations and will vary. Nutrition facts only apply to burger and sauce.
- Category: Burger
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 20.4g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 37.4g
Keywords: chicken parmesan burger