These lemon chicken piccata meatballs are a simple take on the classic! This recipe is paleo, whole30, and AIP-friendly.
- 1 lb chicken breast, ground
- 2 tbsp almond flour (sub coconut flour for AIP)
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped and divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 3–4 tbsp capers
- Using a medium bowl, combine the ground chicken, almond flour, 1 tbsp of parsley, minced garlic, salt, and pepper and mix well. Form into meatballs with slightly wet hands. Set aside.
- Using a large, deep skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side to lightly brown. Set aside.
- Whisk the broth and arrowroot starch together in a small bowl. Pour into the skillet along with the lemon juice and coconut cream. Stir to combine and bring to a low simmer to allow the sauce to thicken,
- Add the meatballs back to the skillet along with the capers. Baste the meatballs in the sauce and cover for about 5 more minutes. The internal temperature of the meatballs should read 165 F.
- Serve topped with parsley and pasta of choice like zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 27.1g