For the base of the bars
- 1 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the chocolate coating
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use the brand enjoy life)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Flakey salt to finish
- Line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with oil.
- Using a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the base of the almond butter bars. Stir well to thoroughly combine until the flours are incorporated and the mixture is firm but still creamy and spreadable.
- Spread the almond butter base into the baking pan, and evenly flatten with a silicone spatula.
- Using the method of your choice (I prefer a double boiler method) melt the dairy-free chocolate chips, coconut oil, and almond butter together until fully liquid.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the base of the bars until evenly coated. Transfer to the fridge and allow to set for 3 hours (or overnight).
- Top the bars with flakey salt and slice into 9 large bars, or smaller bite-sized bars. Keep chilled, or store in the freezer.
How do you make these bars AIP?
- Use tigernut butter instead of almond butter
- Use tigernut flour instead of almond flour
- Use homemade carob chips instead of chocolate
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Treats
- Method: No-bake
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 409
- Fat: 32.5g
- Carbohydrates: 16.9g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 10.5g