- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use enjoy life chocolate chips)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 18–20 Unreal candy gems
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the shredded coconut in an even layer and toast in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before adding to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir. Repeat, microwaving in 30-second intervals, and stir until melted. Alternatively, you can melt it in a double boiler.
- Pour the chocolate over the toasted coconut and toss to fully coat the shredded coconut in chocolate.
- Prepare a large plate lined with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop (or your hands) to scoop out the egg nests onto the plate. The egg nests should be a rounded dome (don’t flatten them!).
- Carefully place 2-3 candy gems on top of the egg nests. Arrange them in the center and lightly push them in.
- Transfer the egg nests to the fridge to harden for 30-45 minutes or until totally solid. Serve chilled.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 30.8g
- Carbohydrates: 31.7g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 4.3g