- 1 lb strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add the strawberries & pomegranate juice to a blender or food processor. Blend until fully liquid. Using a fine mesh strainer set over a medium pot, strain out the juice using a silicone spatula to push down the pulp. You can save the pulp to add to yogurt or oatmeal bowls.
- Pour the juice into a pot and add the honey. Stir well. Sprinkle the gelatin over the strawberry mixture and lightly mix. Allow to harden for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pot to the stove and heat over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until fully liquid.
- Use a dropper to carefully transfer the liquid into the mold. Alternatively, you can use a large glass container. Transfer to the fridge for 4-6 hours or until fully set.
- Carefully remove the gummies from the mold and transfer to a parchment lined plate.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler method, or in the microwave in 20 second intervals until totally liquid. Allow to cool so the chocolate isn’t too hot and steaming or it will melt the gummies.
- Carefully dip the gummies into the chocolate, either coating the gummies entirely, or just one side.
- Place the gummies on the parchment lined plate and transfer to the fridge until the chocolate is set and serve within the next day or so.
To make this recipe vegan, you would swap out gelatin for agar. Agar is a lot stronger than gelatin, so you need to divide the amount of gelatin by three, and then you’ll have the amount of agar needed! This comes out to a little bit under 1 tbsp of agar.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Calories: 131
- Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 2.9g