These cookie ice cream sandwiches are a decadent and delicious summertime treat! They’re dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, and can be made AIP-friendly.
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (sub carob chips for AIP)
- About 4 large scoops of dairy-free vanilla ice cream (I use this for dairy-free store-bought, use this for homemade/AIP)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a medium bowl sift the tigernut flour, gelatin, tapioca starch, coconut flour, and baking soda together.
- Stir in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and chocolate chips. Stir well until a dough forms.
- Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop (like this), scoop 8 evenly sized cookies onto the baking sheet. Use your hand to flatten the cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes or until baked through. Cool completely on a cooling rack. Transfer to the fridge to chill further.
- While the cookies cool, set the ice cream on the countertop for about 5 minutes, or just enough so you can easily scoop it. Scoop about 4 large scoops worth of ice cream onto a small parchment-lined baking sheet. Use a rubber spatula to flatten to about 1/2″ thickness. Transfer to the freezer and allow it to fully freeze. (See notes for alternative)
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut 4 uniform circles of ice cream. Carefully sandwich between two cookies.
- Serve immediately or wrap in freezer-safe wrap and store.
You can also simply scoop the ice cream directly onto the cookie and sandwich them together, though it will be slightly more messy to eat!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 641
- Fat: 36.9g
- Carbohydrates: 49.1g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 8.9g
Keywords: ice cream sandwich