- 1 lb ground pork
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos, divided
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 head baby bok choy, chopped
- 4 oz shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1–2 tbsp curry paste (see notes for AIP)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 bricks gluten-free ramen
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Using a large dutch oven over medium heat, add the ground pork. Season with salt and pepper and crumble until fully cooked. Add 1 tbsp coconut aminos and stir to combine. Set aside and drain the excess fat.
- Add the coconut oil to the pot and saute the onion, garlic, and ginger for 3-4 minutes. Add the bok choy, snap peas, and mushrooms and saute for another 3 minutes or until lightly tender.
- Add the ground pork back to the pot and pour in the broth, coconut milk, 2 tbsp coconut aminos, curry paste, turmeric, and salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil and reduce to a high simmer.
- Add the ramen to the broth and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Use tongs to separate the ramen and stir.
- Once the ramen is cooked through, turn off the heat. Serve topped with lime juice and green onion.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
To make AIP:
- Use sweet potato glass noodles or zucchini noodles instead of ramen.
- Omit the curry paste. This basically makes it a turmeric “curry” ramen instead, but I have it this way instead and it’s delicious.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main Dishes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 678
- Fat: 47g
- Carbohydrates: 39.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 28.1g