This creamy sausage and gnocchi skillet is a savory and filling one-pan meal! It’s made with Italian sausage, kale, cauliflower gnocchi, and a creamy, simple sauce. This recipe is paleo, gluten-free and AIP.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 lb italian sausage (for AIP)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups of kale, chopped and destemmed
- 10–12 oz cauliflower gnocchi, cooked & prepared as directed (Trader Joes brand, or this for AIP)
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Combine the coconut milk, chicken broth, lemon juice, arrowroot starch and salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Using a large skillet, brown the sausage and crumble with a wooden spoon. Once cooked, set aside and reserve about 2 tbsp of fat in the pan (or add extra fat if needed)
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly translucent. Add the garlic and kale and cook until the kale is wilted.
- Pour in coconut milk mixture and stir. Bring to a low simmer for 1-2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Reincorporate the sausage, and add the gnocchi and bacon. Stir to combine and coat. Simmer for a few minutes to heat and reduce the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and serve topped with fresh parsley.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 705
- Fat: 53.2g
- Carbohydrates: 34.7g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 23.1g