These baked parsnip fries are the perfect snack to satisfy your fry cravings! They’re paleo, AIP, Whole30, nightshade-free and vegan.
- 2 lbs parsnips, peeled (about 2–3 large parsnips)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the parsnips by peeling, slicing off the ends, and then slicing horizontally down the middle. Slice each half of the parsnips vertically and then slice into thin fries. You want the fries to be about 1/4″ inch thin.
- Add the fries to a baking sheet and coat with avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, and season. Toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway through, until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a dip of your choice like an aioli, or ketchup (I like to use this AIP ketchup).
Save the peels and tops for broth!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 41.9g
- Fiber: 11.3g
- Protein: 3g