- 1–2 tbsp coconut oil,
- 3 cups butternut squash (or about one large squash), chopped
- 1/4 cup apple, diced
- 2 large leeks, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2–3 fresh green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (optional, sub additonal broth)
- Using a large pot on medium heat and add the coconut oil to melt. Pour in the butternut squash and sauté in the oil for 6-8 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the leeks and apple and lightly sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the bone broth, and seasonings (reserving the green onion). Stir to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until butternut squash is soft. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Either use an immersion blender, or high speed blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut milk and serve topped with fresh green onion
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 7.1g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 3.3g