This easy shredded beef is perfect for simply prepping shredded beef for tacos, hashes, and more! It’s made with minimal ingredients in the instant pot or the slow cooker.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lbs chuck roast, sliced into cubes (or sub beef stew meat)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (sub juice of one lime if desired)
- Add the avocado oil to the instant pot and set to saute. Once the oil is hot, add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes on each side to very lightly brown. Hit cancel on the instant pot.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients to the instant pot.
- Place the lid on the instant pot with pressure valve sealed. Hit “Manual” and cook on high pressure for 90 minutes.
- All the instant pot to come to pressure, cook, and let the pressure release naturally. One the pressure is released, remove the lid from the instant pot.
- Remove the bay leaves and carefully shred the meat with two forks. Use the meat as all-purpose meat in a variety of recipes and top with herbs or lime juice if desired.
To adapt for the slow cooker, add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well to combine. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beef easily shreds.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrates: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 22.7g