These garlic balsamic steak bites are an easy and delicious way to enjoy steak. Serve them as an appetizer, or make it a one-pan meal with asparagus or a vegetable of choice.
For the asparagus
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Juice of half a lemon
For the steak bites
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (divided)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Start by preparing the asparagus by using a large skillet to heat the avocado oil on medium heat.
- Slice the thick white ends off of the bottom of the asparagus and slice in half again.
- Add the asparagus to the pan along with the salt and lemon juice and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the asparagus is slightly tender. Set aside and lightly clean the pan.
- Cut the steak into bite-sized pieces, removing and gristle and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing 2 tbsp of avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos, thyme, and garlic. Allow marinating on the counter for 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can marinate the steak overnight in the fridge.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the steak and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the outside has browned. The internal temperature should be 145 F for medium-rare or 160 F for medium.
- Move the steak to one side of the pan and add the asparagus to the other side and lightly reheat for a minute.
- Top steak with parsley and serve.
- Category: one pot meals
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 352
- Fat: 20.3g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 39.1g
Keywords: steak bites, asparagus, one pan