- 8 oz ricotta cheese (use Kite Hill Ricotta for dairy-free)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 box gluten-free lasagna sheets (I use jovial)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 24oz jar of pasta sauce (sub-nightshade-free marinara)
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (sub-dairy-free, like this )
- Parmesan, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the ricotta with egg, chopped spinach, and parsley. Set aside.
- Using a large pan, brown the ground beef on medium heat along with onion and garlic. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Once cooked, pour in pasta sauce. Stir well to combine and remove from the heat.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the lasagna sheets about 2 at a time and cook until lightly tender. The sheets should be easy to bend and al dente. Strain, coat lightly with olive oil and set aside to allow to cool.
- Using kitchen scissors, slice the lasagna sheets into 3 pieces to make smaller sheets.
- Add the meat sauce and lasagna sheets to a large mixing bowl or pot. Sprinkle in half of the cheese and stir to combine.
- Transfer the lasagna mixture to the sheet pan, evenly spreading. Top with the rest of the cheese and about 5-6 dollops of ricotta mixture.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is crisp. Top with parmesan and parsley if desired!
This recipe is inspired by and adapted from Giada.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian Inspired
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 14.7g
- Carbohydrates: 26.6g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 44.6g