These Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Burgers are next level decadent. With grilled pineapple and a yummy teriyaki sauce, they’re perfect for a summer day. These burgers are healthier, paleo, whole30, and AIP.
For the teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (omit for Whole30)
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 4–5 slices on pineapple
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 8–10 butter lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopepd
- Combine all of the ingredients (reserving the arrowroot) in a small saucepan and set on the stove on medium heat. Whisk in the arrowroot simmer on low for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens. Set the sauce aside.
- Prepare a grill pan or grill by lightly brushing with avocado oil and setting to medium-high heat.
- Using a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, coconut aminos, coconut flour, avocado oil, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well until fully combined.
- Form the mixture into 4-5 burgers and place onto the grill or grill pan, either in batches, or spread apart to not crowd the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side and carefully flip. Cook until internal temperature reads 165 F. Set aside.
- Clean off any burnt bits from the pan and add more oil if needed. Add the pineapple slices and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side to add grill marks and to lightly cook.
- Set aside and repeat grilling with the red onion for 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- To assemble the burgers, layer each patty on top of a lettuce leaf and top with pineapple, red onion, teriyaki sauce, and cilantro.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
All nutrition facts are estimates.
The photos of this recipe and all written content on my website are copyright protected and cannot be copied or shared. Please do not copy this recipe or photos and share it on your own website, Instagram, or other written materials. If you’d like to feature a photo in a roundup, please contact me. If you’d like to tell people about this recipe on social media, your own website, or elsewhere please link back to the recipe here rather than copy and pasting. Thank you so much!!
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Protein: 30.4g