This honey balsamic apricot chicken is a flavorful one-pan meal! It’s paleo, gluten-free, and AIP-friendly.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Wholesome, Organic Honey
- 2 tsp Big Tree Farms, Organic Coco Aminos
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 3/4 Frotiner Pink Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Made in Nature, Organic Dried Apricots, halved
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- Using a small bowl, combine the broth, balsamic vinegar, honey, coconut aminos, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Using a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Pat the chicken thighs dry and place in the hot skillet skin side down. Cook for 10-12 minutes, then carefully turn and cook for another 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and saute the onion until translucent.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and return the chicken to the pan. Bring the sauce to a low simmer and place a lid on the pan, allowing to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the dried apricots and thyme, fully submerging the apricots in the liquid. Allow to simmer and reduce for another 8 minutes. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Serve fresh with a side of your choice, topping the chicken thighs in sauce.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 661
- Fat: 48.3g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 38.5g