This ginger dressing is a healthy take on the classic salad dressing that you know and love from Japanese restaurants! This recipe is paleo, gluten-free, soy-free, and AIP.
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, peeled and grated (see notes)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar (sub apple cider vinegar for AIP)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (omit for whole30)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until fully incorporated. The dressing should be thick and fully cominbed.
- Season further to taste as desired.
- Store in the fridge and serve over a salad of romaine or iceberg lettuce, shredded carrots, and more ingredients as desired.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
If you prefer a spicier/less spicy dressing, adjust the amount of ginger to taste.
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Japanese Inspired
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 18.3g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 0.5g