- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (see notes)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Optional- Japaleno, seeds removed and minced (omit for AIP)
- Slice the shrimp vertically in half, and slice again into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl and pour in the lime juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Make sure that the shrimp is fully submerged. Mix well and cover. Allow marinating in the fridge for 1 hour. The shrimp should turn pink.
- Remove from the fridge and mix in the red onion, mango, salt, pepper, cilantro, and optional jalapeno if using.
- Gently fold into the avocado.
- Serve with compliant chips, or over greens for a salad for whole30.
The acid from the lime juice cooks the shrimp. However, if you’d prefer to pre-cook it, you can use cooked shrimp and just use less lime juice to marinate the shrimp.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 9.6g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Protein: 24.6g