- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides (sub vanilla protein powder)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk (sub other plant-based milk)
- 3 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (I use enjoy life)
- 2 tbsp candy gems (I use these)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine the ground flax and water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the oatmeal, oat flour, coconut sugar, collagen, cinnamon, salt and baking powder to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Mix in the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk and mix, ensuring that the almond butter is fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and candy gems, reserving some to add to the top of the bars.
- Add the batter to the baking pan and top with additional chocolate and candy gems. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 25-28 minutes or until firm and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
All nutritional facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 28 min
- Category: Breakfast/Snack
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 12.8g
- Carbohydrates: 26.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 11.4g