FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 10 dates, pitted (soak in water for 10 minutes if hard)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
FOR THE FILLING
- Prepare an 8×8″ inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add the shredded coconut and dates to a food processor and pulse several times until well incorporated. Add in the coconut oil and quickly blend.
- Spoon out the crust mixture and add it to the pan. Press it down into the pan until it’s evenly flattened. Place the crust in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hours.
- To make the filling, make a double boiler by filling a medium saucepot halfway with water and bring it to a low boil. place a stainless steel bowl over top the pot to create a double boiler. Spoon the coconut butter into the bowl and stir to allow it to melt. Do not use a microwave to melt the coconut butter, or it will burn.
- Once the coconut butter is mostly melted, stir in the coconut oil and vanilla until the mixture is entirely liquid
- Remove the mixture from heat and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before stirring in maple syrup and coconut cream. Stir until smooth.
- Carefully pour the filling mixture over the crust and place in the fridge to harden overnight or for 3-4 hours
- Once hardened, remove the pan from the fridge and let it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes and top with crushed freeze-dried strawberries.
- Using a sharp kitchen knife, carefully slice into 9 squares some may break a bit, but that’s okay!
- Store in the fridge and eat chilled with a napkin (freeze-dried strawberries can stain)
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 544
- Fat: 47.2g
- Carbohydrates: 28.3g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 0.9g