These paleo lemon cookies are made with all real ingredients and heart-healthy olive oil! They’re the perfect sweet and tart treat to enjoy as a simple dessert.
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp tigernut flour (see notes for subs)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch (sub arrowroot starch)
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest (plus extra for topping)
For the glaze (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest and stir until a dough forms.
- Form the dough into 8-9 into slightly flattened cookies and evenly space on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes or until the cookies are fully cooked. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- For the optional glaze, melt the coconut butter and oil over a double boiler until fully melted.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice and pour over the cookies.
- Chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to allow the glaze to harden and serve topped with lemon zest.
For the tigernut flour, almond flour may be a potential swap if you tolerate nuts.
The photos of this recipe and all written content on my website are copyright protected and cannot be copied or shared. Please do not copy this recipe or photos and share it on your own website, Instagram, or other written materials. If you’d like to feature a photo in a roundup, please contact me. If you’d like to tell people about this recipe on social media, your own website, or elsewhere please link back to the recipe here rather than copy and pasting. Thank you so much!!
All nutrition facts are estimations and will vary. Nutrition facts do not include optional glaze ingredients.
- Category: Treats
- Method: Oven baked
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 3.5g