- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup almond milk (sub coconut milk for AIP)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them halfway (like this) or pound thin. Coat with arrowroot starch and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli and zucchini and saute for 5-6 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and the zucchini is crisp. Add the garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set the vegetables aside.
- Add more oil to the pan and heat to medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until crisp and cooked through to 165 F. Set aside.
- Pour white wine vinegar into the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Pour in the almond milk, chicken broth, lemon, oregano, and onion powder. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and vegetables back to the pan and baste in the sauce. The sauce should thicken and coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley.
- All nutritional information is estimations and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 14.3g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 36.6g