One Pan Creamy Garlic Chicken & Vegetables
This one-pan creamy garlic chicken & vegetables is the perfect easy dinner! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo.
A one-pan meal plus a creamy sauce is a match made in heaven! It’s super easy, but still decadent and comforting. This one pan creamy garlic chicken and vegetables is the best of both worlds… easy and healthy. It requires minimal prep and is all made in one pan for the perfect weeknight meal.
The Ingredients for One Pan Creamy Garlic Chicken & Vegetables
- Almond Milk. I went with almond milk for this recipe as it’s a more neutral flavor. However, you can easily use coconut milk to make it nut-free!
- Chicken Breast.
- Arrowroot Starch.
- Avocado Oil.
- Broccoli Florets and Zucchini. These vegetables are great in the recipe, but you can easily swap or add other vegetables like onion, cauliflower or chopped carrots to this recipe.
- White Wine Vinegar and Chicken Broth.
- Lemon. I love the addition of the lemon flavor in this recipe!
- Garlic, Onion Powder, Dried Oregano, Salt, and Pepper.
- Fresh Parsley. For topping!
How to make the One Pan Creamy Garlic Chicken & Vegetables
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and coat with arrowroot starch and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the broccoli and zucchini with garlic and set aside.
- Sear the chicken breasts in the pan.
- Make the sauce by add white wine vinegar, almond milk, chicken broth, lemon, oregano, and onion powder into the pan. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and vegetables back to the pan and baste in the sauce.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley.
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t season the zucchini until the end of cooking. I know it sounds counterintuitive to wait to season, but zucchini is one of those ingredients that is very water-dense, and adding salt at the wrong point can make it mushy. To keep it crisp, wait until the end to salt it!
- Mix up the vegetables. You can also add other vegetables like onion, cauliflower or chopped carrots to this recipe.
Storage and reheating instructions
Store this recipe in the fridge in a glass container for 2-3 days. Reheat it in a pan for a few minutes, adding a bit of chicken broth to moisten if needed.
You’ll also like…Print
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup almond milk (sub coconut milk for AIP)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them halfway (like this) or pound thin. Coat with arrowroot starch and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli and zucchini and saute for 5-6 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and the zucchini is crisp. Add the garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set the vegetables aside.
- Add more oil to the pan and heat to medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until crisp and cooked through to 165 F. Set aside.
- Pour white wine vinegar into the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Pour in the almond milk, chicken broth, lemon, oregano, and onion powder. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and vegetables back to the pan and baste in the sauce. The sauce should thicken and coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley.
- All nutritional information is estimations and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 14.3g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 36.6g