For the pesto
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sheet pan
- 1 lb sockeye salmon, sliced into filets
- 12 oz green beans
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the ingredients for the pesto in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide in half and set aside.
- Add the green beans and red onion to baking sheet, and add the salmon to the center of the baking dish.
- Top the salmon and red onion with half of the pesto and transfer to the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and easily flakes.
- Add the remainder of the pesto to the top of the salmon and drizzle over the vegetables. Serve fresh.
- To make it AIP, omit the pepper and green beans and use another vegetable like asparagus.
- Cook your green beans longer if desired. I like my green beans al dente so I don’t mind if they’re still crisp. If you like them more well done, take the salmon out of the oven so it doesn’t overcook and let the green beans cook longer.
- Cook your salmon whole if you prefer. It saves a step of having to cut the salmon beforehand. It will take slightly longer to cook, so just keep an eye on it!
- Eat it within 1-2 days. This ensures that everything is still fresh and flavorful!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 480
- Fat: 38.4g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 31.1g
Keywords: pesto salmon