For the sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- Salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
For the stir fry
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup carrots, sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (sub more broccoli for AIP)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- Salt & pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp green onion, sliced
- Prepare the sauce by combining in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the vegetables and saute for 6-7 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat in arrowroot starch. Add more avocado oil if needed to the pan and bring to medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through to 165 F. Set aside.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly fragrant. Add the chicken broth and stir to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the sauce mixture and heat for 3-4 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and vegetables and stir to coat in the thickened sauce.
- Serve topped with green onion over rice or cauliflower rice.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 10.3g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 27.6g