These orange cranberry balsamic chicken thighs are a decadent dish that is sure to impress any dinner guest! They’re paleo, AIP, and easy to modify for Whole30.
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp cranberries, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup red wine (sub broth, see notes)
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 chicken thighs (about 1.5 lb)
- Zest of one orange
- Using a food processor, chop 1/3 cup of cranberries for 5-10 seconds to roughly chop. Add in the garlic, avocado oil, vinegar, orange juice, coconut aminos, red wine, salt, pepper and rosemary and blend to combine.
- Pat down the chicken thighs until dry and add to a bag. Pour the cranberry mixture over the chicken and transfer to the fridge. Allow to marinate for at least 90 minutes, or overnight if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Add the chicken to a large baking dish and top with the additional fresh cranberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is baked through at 165 F and the skin is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and top with orange zest before serving.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
The alcohol will cook out from the wine, but feel free to sub chicken broth.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 281
- Fat: 22.6g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 12.3g