These oven-baked coconut shrimp are the perfect appetizer or main dish for shrimp lovers! They’re paleo, gluten-free, and AIP-friendly.
- 1 lb tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set up a station with three bowls, one the arrowroot, one with the coconut oil, and another with the shredded coconut and seasonings mixed together.
- Prepare the shrimp by coating in the arrowroot starch, then dipping in the coconut oil, then coating in the shredded coconut. Transfer to the baking sheet and continue for all of the shrimp.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for another 4-5 minutes. Shrimp should be cooked through and the coating crisp.
- Serve topped with parsley and with a dip of your choice.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 455
- Fat: 33.1g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 23.3g