This paleo cranberry pumpkin bread with orange frosting is a delicious seasonal treat. It’s paleo, AIP, and totally grain free.
For the bread
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup tigernut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
For the gelatin eggs (sub 3 real eggs)
- 3 tbsp gelatin
- 3/4 cup water
For the frosting
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, very lightly greased with coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Next, add in the pumpkin, coconut oil, and maple syrup and thoroughly combine.
- For the gelatin egg (sub 3 regular eggs) place a small pot on the stove with 3/4 cup of water and lightly sprinkle in the 3 tbsp of gelatin. You don’t want any clumps. Allow the gelatin to bloom for 2-3 minutes. Turn the stove on low heat to let the gelatin melt. This will take 1-2 minutes. Remove the mixture from the stove and use a whisk or milk frother to vigorously whisk the mixture until it’s frothy. Immediately add the gelatin egg to the pumpkin mixture and stir together.
- Fold in the cranberries to the dough until evenly dispersed.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking pan and flatten with a rubber spatula or spoon. Bake for 40 minutes or until the bread is firm, and not wet when poked with a knife or toothpick.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow the bread to cool for 45-60 minutes so it sets before slicing. This bread needs time to set!
- While the bread is cooling, make the frosting by combining all of the ingredients (reserving some of the orange zest for topping) in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Once the bread is cooled and firmed top with the frosting and finish with additional orange zest if desired. Slice and enjoy!
All nutritional facts are estimations and will vary.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 35.5g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Protein: 9.5g