- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a muffin tin with 6-7 muffin liners that are lightly greased.
- Sift the tigernut flour and tapioca starch together and combine in a large mixing bowl with baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Prepare the gelatin egg by pouring the water in a small saucepan and sprinkling the gelatin over. Allow it to sit and harden. Transfer to the stove and heat on low for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is liquid. Remove from the heat and vigorously whisk until frothy. Add to the batter immediately and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Fill the muffin liners 2/3rds of the way full (you should have 6-7 muffins) and finish with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until baked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before enjoying.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Protein: 2.6g
Keywords: pumpkin muffins