This salted caramel pumpkin cheesecake is a decadent and delicious fall treat that will wow your guests! It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, and AIP-friendly!
For the crust
- 10–11 dates, pitted
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Vital Proteins Gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
For the caramel
- Line the base of a 7-8″ springform pan with parchment paper and set aside. See notes for alternatives.
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Using a food processor, blend the dates. Add the shredded coconut and coconut oil and blend until fully combined. Add an extra date if the crust is not sticking.
- Evenly the crust mixture into the pan and set aside. Clean out the food processor for the next step.
For the cheesecake filling
- Combine the coconut cream, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and maple syrup in the food processor for 10-15 seconds or until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Pour the water into a small saucepan and evenly sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to allow to harden. Place on the stovetop set to low heat until the mixture comes to liquid. Remove from heat. Use a whisk or milk frother to blend the gelatin mixture until frothy.
- Add the gelatin mixture into the food processor and mix for another 5-10 seconds.
- Carefully pour the filling over the crust and place in the refrigerator for a minimum for 5-6 hours to harden, or overnight. The cheesecake should be fully solidified before slicing.
For the caramel
- Once the cheesecake is ready to serve, combine the coconut cream, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine. Bring to a low boil, and reduce to a low simmer, stirring often. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the caramel is reduced and browned.
- Immediately drizzle the caramel over the cheesecake and top with salt.
You can also use an 8×8″ brownie pan to make cheesecake bars.
If making the cheesecake ahead of time, wait to make the caramel fresh before serving.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: pumpkin cheesecake