This paleo taco dip is the perfect party appetizer! It’s grain-free, dairy-free, AIP and tastes great with chips!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 2 tsp onion powder, divided
- 2 medium avocados
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (like this)
- 1/4 cup compliant mayo (sub for more yogurt for AIP)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- Set aside a large casserole dish or baking dish of your choice.
- Using a large pan, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Lightly season with salt, pepper, and half of the onion and garlic powder. Set aside and drain the excess fat.
- Make the guacamole by mashing the avocado with the lime juice. Add half of the red onion, 1 tbsp of cilantro, salt, pepper, and the remainder of the garlic and onion powder and stir well. Season further to taste and set aside.
- Make the “sour cream” by mixing together the coconut yogurt, mayo, and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Assemble the taco dip by adding the guacamole to the bottom of the serving dish. Top with ground beef. Spread the “sour cream” over the ground beef. Finish the dip by topping with lettuce, black olives, red onion and the remainder of the cilantro.
- Serve fresh with chips like Artisan Topic Plantain Strips.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizers
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 18.5g