This paleo “corn”bread stuffing is the real deal!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped into half moons
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp rosemary (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 batch of this AIP/paleo cornbread , chopped into cubes
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped
- 3 tbsp unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and prepare a large casserole dish. Set aside.
- Using a large pan, melt the coconut oil on medium heat and saute the onion until soft. Mix in the celery and leek and saute until the leeks soften. Stir in the parsley and other seasonings to combine. Set aside.
- Add the chopped apple, cranberries, and chopped cornbread to a large mixing bowl. Use a mixing spoon to crumble some of the cornbread.
- Pour the chicken broth little by little into the cornbread mixture, adding more if you prefer a more soggy cornbread. Then stir in the onion, leek and celery mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into the casserole dish and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until baked to liking.
- Top with extra rosemary or other herbs and enjoy!
This stuffing is best fresh. If you need to make it ahead and reheat it, place it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Category: side
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American