- 6 peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp palm shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9×13″ casserole dish.
- Combine the peaches and 1/4 cup of coconut sugar in a saucepan. Set on the stove over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the sugar dissolves and the peaches soften. Pour into the casserole dish and set aside.
- Using a large bowl, combine the tapioca starch, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and 2 tbsp of coconut sugar.
- Stir in the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and stir until a wet dough begins to form. Fold in the palm shortening.
- Drop biscuit-sized pieces of dough over the peaches, flattening and ensuring that the bulk of the peaches are covered.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 28-30 minutes or until the topping is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with whipped coconut cream or coconut ice cream if you desire!
All nutritional facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Treats
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 16.8g
- Fat: 10.6g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2.8g