These pineapple chicken poppers are the perfect fun weeknight meal! They’re easy to make, kid-friendly, and are gluten free, paleo, whole30, and AIP compliant.
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup pineapple, finely diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp lime juice
For the teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, process the sweet potato until finely riced. Alternatively, you can also use a grater to shred it.
- Combine the riced sweet potato with the dry ingredients and mix well until well combined.
- Mix in the avocado oil, lime juice and coconut aminos.
- Form the chicken in small, slightly flattened poppers or nuggets and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-28 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the internal temperature reads 165 F on a meat thermometer. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using a small saucepan, whisk together all of the teriyaki sauce ingredients and set to low heat. Heat until the sauce thickens and season further to taste.
- Serve the poppers with teriyaki sauce and enjoy!
All nutrition facts are estimations and not exact.
The photos of this recipe and all written content on my website are copyright protected and cannot be copied or shared. Please do not copy this recipe or photos and share it on your own website, Instagram, or other written materials. If you’d like to feature a photo in a roundup, please contact me. If you’d like to tell people about this recipe on social media, your own website, or elsewhere please link back to the recipe here rather than copy and pasting. Thank you so much!!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 28
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 43.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 27.6g