These pumpkin blueberry breakfast bars are a unique and delicious breakfast option! They’re gluten and grain-free, paleo, and AIP.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp collagen peptides
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water + 1 tbsp gelatin (sub 1 egg for non AIP)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a small baking dish (I used an 8×6″ dish) with parchment paper lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca starch, collagen, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Stir in the coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Use 1 regular egg if tolerated, or prepare the gelatin egg by pouring the water into a small pot and sprinkling over the gelatin. Allow hardening for 2-3 minutes. Add the pot to the stove top set to low heat and allow to melt and return to liquid. This should take 1-2 minutes. Once liquid, whisk vigorously until frothy. Add to the batter mixture and stir well to combine.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until baked through.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a cooling rack. Allow cooling before slicing into 9 bars.
All nutritional facts are estimations and will vary.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 14.9g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 6.8g
Keywords: breakfast bars