This roasted brussels sprouts, apples & bacon side dish is the perfect fall side! It’s topped with fresh pomegranate seeds and seasoned with fall flavors. This recipe is paleo, whole30, and AIP compliant.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (omit for whole30)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp thyme
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the brussels sprouts, garlic, and apples to the baking sheet.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, avocado oil, vinegar, and seasonings and pour over the vegetables. Mix well to thoroughly coat.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the apples are soft and the brussels are lightly crisp.
- Add the bacon to the baking sheet and bake for another 2-3 minutes to reheat.
- Remove from the oven and top with pomegrante seeds before serving.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 15.8g
- Carbohydrates: 23.3g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Protein: 6.8g