This roasted cauliflower & parsnip mash is a flavorful and simple seasonal side dish. This recipe is paleo, whole30, and AIP- compliant.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, divided
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp salt flakes, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 4 tbsp melted ghee, divided (sub avocado oil for AIP)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower, and parsnip to the baking sheet, keeping them seperate. Add the garlic garlic, 1 tsp of thyme, sage, salt, and pepper to the baking sheet. Top with 3 tbsp of melted ghee and toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the cauliflower and parsnips are fork-tender. If the cauliflower cooks faster, remove from the baking sheet and allow the parsnip to cook longer until done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Add to a food processor with the coconut milk and blend until smooth.
- Top with additional ghee, salt, and thyme to serve.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18.5g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 3.1g
Keywords: parsnip mash, cauliflower mash