This sheet pan lemon chicken and asparagus is an easy and nourishing one-pan meal. It’s paleo, whole30, and AIP-friendly.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1 large white sweet potato, finely cubed (sub orange sweet potatoes)
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1– 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, omit for AIP
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 3–4 slices of fresh lemon
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry.
- Add the sweet potato to one half of the baking sheet, and the chicken to the other. Top with 2 tbsp of avocado oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, turning the sweet potato halfway through to evenly bake.
- Remove from the oven and use a spatula to make room for the asparagus. Add the asparagus to the pan and top with more avocado oil, salt and pepper. Add the garlic, lemon juice , and lemon slices to the rest of the sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 more minutes or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking and the chicken reads an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and more seasoning to taste.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 12.2g