- 1 cup sweet potato, baked and mashed
- 3/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp flax meal (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chopped parsley for garnish if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potato to a bowl along with the arrowroot starch, coconut flour, flax meal, and salt. Stir until a dough forms and the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Prepare a clean surface and lightly dust with arrowroot starch, and set the baking sheet to the side of your workstation.
- Form the dough into a large ball and add it to the surface. Slice into 4 even slices.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll it into a ball and add it to the baking sheet. Lightly press the dough into a flat, round piece about 1/8″ thick, and use your fingers to pinch the edges together. Your flatbread should look like a thick tortilla. Repeat with all of the dough, evenly spacing on the baking sheet. Lightly brush or spray the top of the flatbreads with oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through.
- Allow cooling before serving with chopped parsley on top if desired.
- For AIP, sub the flax meal with 1 tsp arrowroot starch, and be careful with handling the bread when flipping.
- The sweet potato should be peeled and mashed. You can also use boiled and mashed sweet potato, but make sure to fully drain any excess water.
- All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 1 flatbread
- Calories: 119
- Fat: .4g
- Carbohydrates: 28.1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: .8g