This paleo sweet potato gingerbread is the perfect gluten-free treat for the holiday season! It’s made with almond flour, sweet potato, and other real food ingredients.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned sweet potato puree (made sweet potato should also work)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch (or sub arrowroot starch)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
For the glaze/drizzle
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9×5″ loaf pan with greased parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and molasses. Stir well until incorporated. Add the remainder of the wet ingredients and fully combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to a separate bowl, and mix well, ensuring there are no clumps of flour.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients and thoroughly combine.
- Pour into the loaf pan, using a rubber spatula to flatten the top of the bread. Transfer to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until fully baked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set in the pan for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool for another 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with coconut butter and top with cinnamon before slicing and serving.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 23.1g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 5.1g