These sweet potato tater tots are so easy to make at home! You only need 6 ingredients to make perfect tater tots that are easily baked in the oven.
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Bring a large pot of water to a low boil and add the sweet potatoes. Cook for 18-20 minutes. Use tongs to carefully remove from the water. Set aside and allow to cool.
- While the sweet potato cools, preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a grater (or a grater attachment on a food processor) to grate the sweet potatoes. Pat the sweet potato dry.
- Stir in the coconut flour, arrowroot, salt, onion, garlic, and 1 tbsp avocado oil with the shredded sweet potato.
- Form the sweet potato into small, 1″ tater tots (you should have around 25) and evenly space them on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp avocado oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, carefully flipping them halfway through until lightly crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving with a dip of your choice.
Sub 1 tbsp cassava flour for coconut flour.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 14.9g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Protein: 4.4g
Keywords: sweet potato tots