For the sauce
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
For the Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coconut or avocado oil
- ½ of a medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 to 3 sprigs green onion, sliced
For the sauce
- Combine all the ingredients except the arrowroot in a small saucepan over low heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in the arrowroot starch. Heat for another 2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Add more coconut aminos for a thinner consistency, if desired. Set aside.
For the teriyaki chicken
- In a large, deep skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion, broccoli, carrots, and salt. Cook for about 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Set aside and reserve the fat in the pan.
- Add the chicken and lightly salt with half of the salt. Cook on medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Add the vegetables and teriyaki sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Heat for about 1 minute and then add the green onion.
- Serve warm with cauliflower rice if desired.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.
- Method: stove top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.6g