These gluten-free thumbprint cookies are the perfect cookie to make and share for the holidays! They’re vegan, paleo & AIP-friendly.
- coconut flour
- arrowroot starch
- coconut oil, softened
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- 3–4 tbsp jam of your choice (use homemade or something sugar free)
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper lightly greased with oil.
- Start with the crust by mixing together the two flours, and then stirring in the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Using a tbsp sized scoop, scoop the dough into a tbsp and roll into a ball. Set the ball of dough onto the baking sheet and press your thumb it into the center to make a thumbprint indentation. Repeat for all of the dough.
- Scoop about 1-2 tsp worth of jam into the thumbprint indentation of each cookie.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm and baked through. Shortbread dough can easily burn, so be sure to watch them carefully at the 10-minute mark! You’ll know they’re done once they’re firm, the jam is set, and the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool before drizzling with melted coconut butter if desired.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 9.8g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 1.5g